Wondering how to alter your diet to accommodate your aging body, or maybe thinking of a nutritious diet plan to ensure your grandparents’ health? You might need a brainstorming session to accomplish that.
It is no secret that the body’s demands change with age. The levels of each nutrient taken by the body fluctuate. With growing age, the body’s efficiency to absorb some key nutrients also decreases.
So what happened? Once we crossed our mid-twenties, or entered our 30’s, what happened?
Though intake of all nutrients is necessary, these are a few essentials to be included in abundance in an elderly diet:
• Folic acid or vitamin B9 reduces heart risk, reduces memory loss related issues, and also reduces depression (a common occurrence with growing age).
• Calcium is important for building and maintaining strong bones. Make sure you consume enough to avoid the brittle, fragile bones commonly associated with old age.
• Potassium in your diet helps keep your bones strong. This mineral is also vital for cell function, helps reduce high blood pressure, and lowers the risk of kidney stones.
• Magnesium boosts up your immunity system, keeps your heart healthy and your bones strong.
• Fiber helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system.
What foods ensure that you get all of this in your daily diet?
There is no doubt that when you prepare a diet for the elderly, you need to be conscious of all the nutrients that are included or possibly missing from the diet.
Planning a diet around the above mentioned nutrients would be a definite must. So get ready with a pen and paper to jot down the list cheap replica rolex of fruits and vegetables and other foods that you could include.
But how about a little supplement which could make your job a little easier?
No doubt ‘the list’ is needed, but just sprinkle in a bit of spirulina in between and you are well on your way.
Spirulina-a dietary supplement rich in all of the above mentioned nutrients and many more will be a healthy addition to your healthy diet for the elderly.
Spirulina also helps in building up healthy lactobacillus (a beneficial gut bacteria) in the human digestive system. Healthy bacteria in your body are the foundation of good health. It aids replica omega watches better digestion, increases absorption of nutrients from the foods we eat and aids protection from infection and also strengthens the immune system.
The most protein rich food on the planet, high in calcium, Spirulina is an ideal supplement which you can fit into your diet as you please. You could sprinkle it in your salad, mix it in your milk, or just gulp down a Spirulina tablet.
You decide-how you want to have it, if you want to have it!