5 Healthy Recipes For This Diwali!
Diwali is around the corner, and so are the cravings for traditional sweets and savouries! It is quite easy to make this day a cheat day, but we can help you to stay healthy and fit during this Diwali. Here are five healthy recipes of sweets and savouries that you can try out at home. They’re not just healthy – they’re also delicious enough to tease your tastebuds!
Spirulina Pista Barfi
This nutty, tasty treat is only made even more wholesome with the addition of our Organic Spirulina!
- To prepare these delicious burfis, start by soaking a cup of pistachios in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and remove the skin of the pistachios. Add the pistachios and 1 tsp of Parry’s Organic Spirulina in a mixer to blend them to form a smooth paste.
- Then, prepare sugar syrup by dissolving 1 cup sugar in a cup of water.
- Add the pista-spirulina paste to the sugar syrup and keep stirring. Add the cardamom powder and cook for a few minutes.
- Grease a plate using ghee and spread the pista mixture on it. Allow it to set for about an hour.
- Then, cut into desired shapes and garnish with silver foil. Serve and enjoy!
Spirulina Rava-Besan Laddoo
This recipe is definitely a must-try for healthy eating enthusiasts!
- Start off by frying rava in a pan with ghee.
- Add cashews and raisins. Keep frying on medium-low for about 7 to 8 minutes. Keep this aside.
- Fry besan in another pan and repeat the process.
- Now mix both together and fry them together.
- Add some milk to this and keep stirring until it becomes thick. Now add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and 1 tsp of Parry’s Organic Spirulina Powder. Mix well and turn off the stove.
- Lay the mixture onto a tray and let it cool. Roll them into lemon sized balls and devour!
Kalakand just got healthier! A touch of Spirulina is all you need for this healthy upgrade.
- Pour condensed milk to a heavy bottom pan and warm up in a low flame.
- Add milk and paneer. Cook on a low medium heat and stir continuously.
- After its consistency becomes thick, add rose water and cardamom. Mix well. Add 1 tsp of Parry’s Organic Spirulina.
- After some time, transfer this mixture to a foil or a greased plate.
- Smooth the top evenly and sprinkle nuts on top.
- Refrigerate it for at least two hours. Now cut them into desired pieces and dig in!
Spirulina Carrot Halwa
Who knew that upgrading carrot halwa from a mere sweet to a healthy dessert was this easy! Make sure to try this at home on this Diwali.
- First, bring milk to boil in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Add grated carrots and cook on medium heat. Keep stirring continuously.
- When the milk has completely evaporated, add sugar and ghee.
- Saute the halwa well in ghee. When it becomes aromatic and thickens, add cardamom and 1 tsp Parry’s Organic Spirulina powder.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish it with dry fruits and feast on your healthy halwa!
Now this combination is something that you just can’t miss out on! Spirulina with Dates and Sesame is the go-to option to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Dry roast sesame seeds on a low to medium flame till they turn aromatic.
- After they cool down, powder them with cardamom.
- Keep this aside and mash some dates.
- Add the powder to the dates and knead it.
- Add 1 tsp of Parry’s Organic Spirulina powder along with dry fruits of your choice.
- Roll them into tiny balls and treat your tastebuds!
You can buy Parry’s Organic Spirulina from our Amazon Store.
Try out these healthy recipes this Diwali and let us know how they turned out in the comments!